Lambda was established in North America in 1948, Europe in 1959 and Japan in 1970 and is now one of the world’s largest manufacturers of standard and configurable power supplies, DC-DC converters and EMI filters and recognised leader in the industrial power supply market.
• 1948/49 Lambda – the typical start-up story. It all began in
a backyard garage in a New York City precinct.
• 1966 Generating US$ 5 million in sales, Lambda is taken
over by VEECO Vacuum Electronics Corp.
• 1971 Lambda Power Supplies GmbH is founded in 1971
in Munich and relocated to Achern/Baden in 1973.
• 1988 Under the umbrella of Unitech Holding, the
company becomes the market leader of power
supply systems in America, Europe and Asia.
• 1996 Unitech Holding is taken over by the Siebe Group.
• 1999 With the merger of Siebe plc and BTR plc,
Lambda is part of the new Invensys plc.
• 2001 Lambda Electronics GmbH, Achern,
and Powerware GmbH, Karlsruhe, regroup to
Powerware GmbH, Achern.
• 2004 LAMBDA GmbH is founded.
• 2005 The Lambda Group is taken over by TDK.*
• 2006 Lambda Europe and North America are part
of Densei Lambda Japan.
• 2008 Worldwide change of the company‘s name to
• 2011 40th anniversary celebration TDK-Lambda Germany.
• 2012 TDK-Lambda opens new European Logistics and Supply Centre in Germany
and opens Advanced Technology Centre in Bristol UK
• 2013 TDK-Lambda opens sales offices in Denmark and Switzerland.
* In 2005 Lambda was acquired by TDK Corporation of Japan thus combining Lambda's expertise in power supply innovation with TDK's excellence in Ferrites and Multilayer Capacitor technology.